All About Me

Welcome to Pineapple Palooza’s blog!

Hello! I am Pineapple Palooza, and I am very excited to share my passions, activities, and journeys with all of you through this blog! In this very first blog post, I would like to tell you all a little bit about myself.

Photo by Mrs. Yollis (used with permission)

First, I am a very creative and innovative person, and one of my favorite hobbies is art. Every day, one of my goals is to always either draw or make something fascinating. I have made art projects out of paper, cardboard shoe boxes, construction paper, card stock, empty paper towel rolls, and basically anything that can be used to create! Another artistic hobby of mine is doing origami. I find origami paper fascinating because it is so smooth, thin, and easy to fold. I can make a fortune teller, a cute dog face, an incredible pink pig face, a lovable heart, a delicious apple, a crazy turkey, and I am learning how to make several more crafts.

I also enjoy playing a variety of sports. Since I was very young, I have been learning gymnastics and attending gymnastics classes. Gymnastics is my favorite sport by far because it allows me to be free and do a multitude of unique tricks, flips, and exercises. Out of the four events in gymnastics, my two favorite events are the Uneven Bars and the Floor Exercise. In addition, I also enjoy playing tether-ball in school with my friends. Tether-ball is a sport where a ball is attached to a string and the string is attached to a heavy metal pole. Tether-ball is a two-player game, and the aim of each player is to hit the ball and try to get the string to wrap all the way around the pole on their side in order to win. Finally, I love to play badminton with my family in our backyard during the evenings. We try to hit a shuttle-cock back and forth with rackets. If one player misses the shuttle and doesn’t hit it, the other team gets a point. The aim of the game is to try to get the most points in order to win.

Pixabay image used with permission

A fascinating and favorite animal of mine is the cheetah. I like cheetahs because they are the fastest animal on land and can run as fast as a car in three seconds! Can you do that? Probably not, but a cheetah can.

Finally, I love traveling and I have been to India in Asia, which is almost halfway across the earth! I have also been to Banff, Canada, a beautiful place full of maple trees and bears. But my very favorite place to go is Florida, mostly because it has Disney World, the size of ten L.A. Disneylands combined. There are so many scary, fun, and amazing rides, and I am pretty sure I have been in almost every single one! But the best part comes at night time, when the entire place, especially the beautiful magic castle, is lit up with lights. You can buy candy and these cool, colorful light-up swords, wands, and staffs to wave in the night with hundreds of other people!

What is your favorite place to travel and why?

What is your favorite animal, and what is a cool fact about it?

What are some of your hobbies?

4 thoughts on “All About Me

1. Hi Pineapple Palooza! You have alot of great interests. Thanks for sharing. My favorite place to travel is to East Africa for the safaris. A cool animal fact is that a ding beetle can pull over 1000 times its own weight. For hobbies I like buddy surfing, cooking, and knitting.

2. @ Pineapple Palooza,

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I can tell that you are going to be a real blogging leader!

Like you, I have many hobbies. One hobby we share is a love of origami! I find origami to be very relaxing. The clean folds that are transformed into a beautiful shape is amazing.

You asked where I like to travel. The answer to that is…anywhere! I like domestic travel, which means adventures within the United States, and international travel. I love hiking and exploring. When the pandemic is over, I look forward to traveling more!

What is you best advice to people getting starting with origami?

Your proud teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

• Dear Mrs. Yollis,

Thank you for commenting!
      I really enjoyed reading your comment because we relate to so many fascinating things! I also love international travel because I get to learn so much more facts about the country or place that I’m in!
      In my opinion, you are absolutely right about origami! It is very calming and satisfying when your folds come out cleanly and right. You asked about advice for people who are just getting started, and I have a few tips that I could share.
      The first tip is something anybody could know. Never give up! When you have a hard time making a fold, don’t stop trying! Rewind the video and re watch the certain part! Another can-be-useful-tip is to try to create origami on a flat surface. For example, if you tried folding on your bed, your folds wouldn’t come out properly. Try folding on your desk, or table. The last tip that I am sharing with people is just a suggestion. In origami, you could use thin paper. When you fold origami, you make many folds and if you are not using thin paper, it can become a really big problem. You could use normal paper or construction paper, but my number one suggestion is origami paper because it is thin and colorful.

I hope those tips will help some of you!

Warmly,
      Pineapple Palooza

3. Dear Pineapple Palooza,

I liked a lot of things about your all about me page. One of those things is that you divided it up into three detailed paragraphs.

Now it’s time for me to answer your questions. First, my favorite place to travel is Hawaii because there is great weather, beautiful scenery, sandy beaches and it’s Hawaii! Next, my favorite animal is a giraffe and a cool fact about it is that they are the tallest land mammals in the world. Finally, some of my hobbies are pretty much any sport on tv mostly basketball, baseball, football and wrestling (WWE). I also like hot wheels racing both on youtube and at my own six lane raceway.
    I also had a question for you which is do you like any other sports that you didn’t put in your blog?

From your blogging buddy,